Welcome to our post about the most motivational you are enough quotes! We all have moments when we question ourselves, feel self-doubt, and lack self-love. As a child, you must have met your parents’ requirements or someone else’s standards to be good enough. But your own value, own beauty, and self-confidence should not be run by society’s perception or anyone’s acknowledgment.
Beautiful life full of self-love, self-acceptance, self-belief, and high self-esteem starts with self-acceptance. Practice kindness, firstly, to yourself, and believe in your own potential. Every time when you feel so much stress, a lack of self-acceptance, and balanced life, when you may not feel beautiful, intelligent, attractive enough, or not successful enough, just take a minute for your own reflection and the following “You are enough” quotes.
50+ Inspirational Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
Short Inspirational Quotes
59. I was told I wasn’t good enough, but I just chose not to listen. – Khalid
58. Belong to yourself. – Sabrina Ward Harrison, Spilling Open: The Art of Becoming Yourself
About the author: Sabrina Ward Harrison is a Canadian artist and author. This quote was taken from her first book Spilling Open: The Art of Becoming Yourself, which she published at the age of 23. She was even called the voice of her generation because she started to write this book when she was 18 and showed in a charming way in this book what young women face while growing into societal norms of femininity.
57. I am clever enough to know that I am clever. – Mervyn Peake
56. Do not let anyone ever make you feel like you are not enough – Unknown
55. Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln
54. The Universe Always Has Your Back. – Kris Carr
About the author: Kris Carr is a multiple New York Times best-selling author, wellness activist, and cancer thriver. Carr began her career as a dancer, actress, and photographer in New York City. From 1999 to 2006, Carr had a photography business in New York City where she shot portraits and headshots for actors. She was diagnosed with cancer and in March 2007 the documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer was released together with another book Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips. In the book, Carr points out that when she first was diagnosed there weren’t any books or movies that dealt with the situations and problems facing young women with cancer. She wanted to use her experience to help others.
53. We are the result of our thoughts – Gautama Buddha
Inspirational Quotes From Modern Writers
52. Words accumulate. And once they’re free there’s no taking them back. You can do an awful lot of damage with a handful of words. Destroy a friendship. End a marriage. Start a war. Some words can break you to pieces. But that’s not all. Words can be beautiful. they can make you feel things you’ve never felt before. Gather enough of them and they can stick those same pieces back together, provided they’re the right words, said at the right time. But that takes more courage than you’d think. – John David Anderson, “Posted”
51. It doesn’t matter who you used to be; what matters is who you decide to be today. You are not your mistakes. You are not your mishaps. You are not your past. You are not your wounds. You can decide differently today and at every moment. Remember that. You are offered a new opportunity with each breath to think, decide, choose and act differently – in a way that supports you in being all that you are capable of being. You are not less than. You are enough. – Brittany Josephina
50. The most important day is the day you decide you’re good enough for you. It’s the day you set yourself free. – Brittany Josephina
About the author: Brittany Josephina represents a generation of millennials, who contributes to the world of spirituality from a young age and pays attention to the importance of mental health. She started when she was 17 years old, and meanwhile got BA in psychology and fine arts. Nowadays she works as a botanical designer and wellness practitioner and uses her online presence in social media to manifest the “you are enough” statement.
49. I am enough, and I always will be. – Tahereh Mafi
About the author: Tahereh Mafi is the #1 internationally bestselling and National Book Award-nominated author of books for children and young adults.
48. Peace of mind is found when you stop judging yourself and stop judging others. Aspire to what you were born into and don’t let the limitations of your family background reduce the height of your potential. – Kemmy Nola
47. But here’s the deal, sweet stranger. You deserve to be the protagonist of your own wonderful, bizarre, terrifying little life. If you decide you are enough, you are enough. You don’t need to wait for some grand external validation of your worth before you offer your kindest heart to yourself. – Kathy Brown
46. You aren’t a burden. Your feelings aren’t wrong and your reaction isn’t too much. You’re exactly the way you’re meant to be. – Danielle Koepke
45. But here’s the deal, sweet stranger. You deserve to be the protagonist of your own wonderful, bizarre, terrifying little life. If you decide you are enough, you are enough. You don’t need to wait for some grand external validation of your worth before you offer your kindest heart to yourself. – Kathy Brown, A Letter To The Woman Who Won´t Buy Herself Flowers
44. Today, I am enough. I am smart enough. Wise enough. Clever enough. Resourceful enough. Able enough, Confident enough. I am connected to enough people: to accomplish my heart’s desire. – Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen, The One Minute Millionaire
43. I am enough of a child to know that no matter what happens in this world, my parents will always protect me. I am enough of a friend to know when someone needs a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on and be able to respond accordingly. – Monica Peterson, “Inspirational Collection”
42. I choose this path from a place of love. I know I am enough, as I am. I accept there is no need to give any more of myself. Every aspect of me, as I am, serves me. – Sharon Spence, “A Jar Full of Fireflies”
41. Everyone needs some encouragement along the way, even if you need to encourage yourself. You need to be reminded that you have the skills, you can do it, and you are CAPABLE. – Chantelle L. Bittings, “I AM Enough.14-days of Self-Worth, Strength, & Encouragement”
40. I am enough. I am neither too much, nor too little, but just right. I am as I am, and that is enough. I am likeable/attentive/loveable/good-looking/smart/capable enough. If ever I am not, I learn my lesson and move on. – Lisette Schuitemaker, The Childhood Conclusions Fix: Turning Negative Self-Talk Around
39. In Your loving presence, I declare and decree I am enough, just as I am . . Every thought that I am anything other than enough is now banished and disintegrated. – Iyanla Vanzant, Get Over It!: Thought Therapy for Healing the Hard Stuff
38. I AM enough when you have nothing. I AM enough to heal you. I AM enough to deliver to you. I AM enough when everyone is against you. I AM enough when you don’t have money. I AM enough for whatever you need. – Bishop Noel Jones, Georgianna A Land, Battle for the Mind Expanded Edition: How You Can Think the Thoughts of God
37. ENOUGH. I think you need to hear this today: You are enough. You are enough. You are enough. Can you take a deep breath and repeat this to me? I am enough. I am enough. I am enough. You’re all your child needs. – Kara Lawler, Regan Long, A Letter for Every Mother
Inspirational Quotes For Women About Being Enough
36. You are enough, as a person, as a human, and as a contributor to this world. But there is a challenge. Most people allow society to determine “enough” for them…- Shantae Edwards
About the author: Shantae is the founder of I AM D.O.P.E., Inc. (Dreaming Of Possibilities Everyday), a self-empowerment and story-sharing enterprise. Here below, you can find her speech “You. Are. Enough” at the TEDxHerndon from Youtube, where she talked about the importance of feeling enough regardless of all your imperfections.
35. Do not be afraid to show the world who you are and what you are capable of. You are always enough for the right people. All those who do not see how great you are are not worth the bother. – Dr. Anil Kumar Sinha
34. Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you. – Steve Maraboli
33. Stand for something. Make your life mean something. Start where you are with what you have. You are enough – Germany Kent
About the author: Germany Kent an American print and broadcast journalist, moderator, actress, businesswoman, producer, philanthropist, and author of The Hope Handbook. This quote comes from her book which was originally created as a book of inspirational tweets that Kent had posted on Twitter.
32. You will never be enough if you keep pleasing everyone – Unknown
31. It is easy to believe you are not good enough if you listen to everybody else. – Mackenzie Astin
About the author: is an American actor, best known for playing Andy Moffett Stickle in The Facts of Life (1985–1988) and Noah Baker in Scandal (2014–2017), and for his role in the film Iron Will (1994).
30. There are a lot of people who give you the message that maybe you are not good enough, and the best thing you can do for yourself is to block out all of that noise. – Rachel Platten
29. But you’ve always been good enough. You’ve just been giving the best parts of yourself to the wrong people. – R.H. Sin
28. I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I am dumb enough to try anything. – Geoff Johns
27. I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it. – Victoria Beckham
About the author: V. Beckham is a former Spice Girls band member and wife of the football star David Beckham, an international fashion icon and designer with her own brand “Victoria Beckham”.
26. You become what you believe, not what you think or what you want. – Oprah Winfrey
About the author: Oprah Winfrey is a popular talk show host, producer, businesswoman, and owner of the Oprah Winfrey Network. She had a poor and traumatic childhood. During high school, she got a job in radio and later by 19 became a co-anchor for the local evening news. The greatest thing of her career was launching her own talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, which was a new opportunity for her as a host and has had incredible international success for 25 years. This quote is a great reminder for today´s young people and people with insecurities about how powerful your deep belief in yourself can be. You can have the greatest accomplishment in your life only if you believe in yourself and you become what you believe in.
Famous Inspirational Quotes from Famous Historical Figures
25. Never think that you’re not good enough. A man should never think that. People will take you very much at your own reckoning. – Anthony Trollope
About the author: Antony Trollope was an English novelist, whose first major success came with his novel The Warden (1855), the first of six novels set in “Chronicles of Barsetshire”. Two years later the novel “Barchester Towers” has probably become the best-known of this set. When I discovered this quote I did not expect that such words might come from a writer o the 19th century with a privileged background. But probably the struggle of feeling not good enough can affect people of all times and all social categories.
24. I exist as I am, that is enough... – Walt Whitman
About the author: W. Whitman was an American poet, essayist, and journalist (1819-1892). Whitman´s thoughts were deeply influenced by deism, a philosophical belief that God exists and expresses through nature.
23. If you hear an inner voice that tells you, “You can’t paint,” paint by all means, and that voice will stop one day. – Vincent Van Gogh
22. Self-care must start from the heart, otherwise, no cosmetics will help. – Coco Chanel
21. Honestly, I don’t need someone who sees only the good in me, I need someone who sees the bad in me, but still wants to be with me. – Marilyn Monroe
20. To predict the future of a person, it is enough to look at what he spends time on. – Winston Churchill
About the author: Winston Churchill was one of the most important statesmen of the 20th century, a British politician and historian, twice Prime Minister of Great Britain (1940-1945 and 1951-1955). He had previously held several government posts, including First Lord of the Admiralty, Home Secretary and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Besides of his political career he got also great international recognition as an author of political and historical works. In 1953 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature and the “Charlemagne Prize of Aachen”.
19. Avoid those who try to undermine your faith in yourself. Great people inspire you to feel that you also can become great. – Mark Twain
18. The fool man has a great advantage over the educated one: he is always pleased with himself. – Napoleon Bonaparte
17. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back. – Abraham Lincoln
About the author: Abraham Linconln is one of the most famous presidents of the United States and is a symbol of the unity of the nation, democratic traditions and the liberation of slaves in the United States. Not many people know that bevor he became a president in 1860 he lost 8 different elections and had a complete nervous breakdown before becoming president. His story is a great inspirational story which shows how if you just keep moving towards your dream, you will eventually make it.
16. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
15. There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. – Aristotle
14. Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. – John F. Kennedy
13. Believe you can, and you are halfway there – Theodore Roosevelt
About the author: T. Roosevelt was an American politician, statesman, the 26th president of the United States from 1901 to 1909.
12. By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before. – Edwin Elliot
About the author: E. Elliot was an English mathematician (1851-1937). Besides of his impact and contribution in algebra, algebraic geometry, synthetic geometry, elliptic functions, and invariant theory, he is also well-known as the author of this beautiful quote, which empowers the unique nature of every human being.
11. I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself. – Albert Einstein
About the author: Albert Einstein is one of the greatest and most influential physicists of all time. His theory of relativity was revolutionary at that time and moreover, he also made important contributions to the development of the theory of quantum mechanics.
10. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
About the author: R. W. Emerson was an American essayist, lecturer, and philosopher. He was known as one of the most liberal democratic thinkers of his time and spoke against slavery.
09. How bold and self-confident becomes the one who gains the conviction that he is loved. – Sigmund Freud
08. Normality is a paved road: it is comfortable to walk on, but flowers do not grow on it. – Vincent Van Gogh
07. Nobody ever told me that I was beautiful when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told that they are beautiful, even if they are not. – Marilyn Monroe
06. Be attentive to your thoughts, they are the beginning of your actions. – Lao Tzu
05. If we are true to ourselves, we can not be false to anyone. – William Shakespeare
04. The only person you should compare yourself to is you in the past. And the only person you need to be better than is you right now. – Sigmund Freud
About the author: Sigmund Freud was an Austrian neurologist in the 19th century, well-known as the “father” of psychoanalysis.
03. There was not and never will be a person who deserves only censure or only praise. – Lao Tzu
02. Nobody is born knowing something. Knowledge comes only through study. – Al-ʿAbbās ibn ʿAbd al-Muttalib
01. If you measure your success by the measure of other people’s praise and blame, your anxiety will be endless. – Lao Tzu
About the author: Lao Tzu (Laozi) was an ancient Chinese philosopher and writer. He is the founder of Taoism, traditional Chinese religion. Lao Tzu has primarily emphasized intuition, connection with nature, and continuous change in everything. His masterpiece “Tao Te Ching” influenced the Chinese philosophy, culture, government, and lives of millions of people.
Feeling Good Enough Starts With Self-Acceptance
To feel good enough you should not accept estimation or wait for the world’s perception. It all starts with self-love the way you are right now. Belonging begins with the self. Feeling comfortable in your own skin is a goal that will make you happy. You will never feel alone with your own problems if you truly believe in yourself and your capability to manage everything you face in your life. If you are constantly searching for a life change, a dream job, thriving an authentic self, and a successful personality – act differently, be active, do not teach people how to live, and do not let society tells you how to live life.
Some people might think that the wrong person makes them feel not good enough in a relationship. But there is no human being or a magical person who would have more power than you over yourself. Love in a relationship and moving forward after a breakup starts with self-love. Human nature is designed to love someone as much as this person respects and loves him/herself.
Sometimes life feels overwhelming, especially if you had a drama-filled past and were surrounded by the wrong people who made you feel not good enough for a happy life. Do not let dark thoughts take control of your own mind now. Only you can start moving forward and determine your whole world. You are your own beauty, your own blessings, an amazing human being, and incredible creation just the way you are. You do not have to be perfect and always have a balance between family, kids, and profession. Just live life now. Tomorrow is a new day. For more inspirational quotes for yourself look at the following related blog posts: