Life is short! We have heard this quote numerous times. And still, very often, we take it for granted. This limited time on the planet and our purpose in life have been a great inspiration for many writers, thinkers, and distinguished members of our society. They have shared their perspective on how to make life worth living through inspiring speeches or writings. According to these intellectuals, we should make an effort and live up to the fullest since that is the only way to make this short time valuable. This also means we should find a way to observe the good in the world around us and focus on the things that bring us joy. Because this is an important lesson, we have dedicated this blog post to “Life Is Short Quotes”. Read some of the most inspirational quotes and discover the motivation to make every moment of your life enjoyable. So let’s start.
Life Is Short Quotes
We often speak about how we are aware of how life is short. But usually, we understand what this really means very late in life, and then we look back and realize how we wasted time.
1. Life is short and if you’re looking for an extension, you had best do well. ‘Cause, there’s good deeds and then there are good intentions. They are as far apart as Heaven and Hell. – Ben Harper
2. Life is short and progress is slow. – Gabriel Lippmann
Gabriel wrote from his experience when he elaborated on the hard work behind his discovery in physics that earned him a Nobel prize. He indicated how we oversee small steps that bring us closer to our goal and how life is a collection of the small moments that get us there.
3. Life is short and the older you get, the more you feel it. Indeed, the shorter it is. – Viggo Mortensen
4. Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh, be swift to love, make haste to be kind. – Henri Frederic Amiel
5. Life is short and you’ve got to get the most out of it. – Gwen Stefani
6. Life is short but love your loved ones. Love them, kiss them every day because you don’t know what’s going to happen. – Angelina Pivarnick
Speaking of moments in life, Gad Saad nicely captured the essence of it:
7. Life is short, and every moment is precious. – Gad Saad
He is a Lebanese-Canadian marketing professor who became famous due to his work on understanding evolutionary psychology. Gad often emphasizes the importance of positive emotions and pursuing your passions instead of focusing on negative things. He believed that life was too precious to be wasted on bad feelings.
8. Life is short, and if we enjoy every moment of every day, then we will be happy no matter what happens or what changes along the way. – Gretchen Bleiler
When thinking about life, many regret things we didn’t do because of fear or disapproval of people close to us. But when in doubt, the simplest thing is to remind ourselves of Kate Winslet’s words:
9. Life is short, and it is here to be lived. – Kate Winslet
Kate Winslet is an American actress famous for numerous impeccable roles in masterpieces such as the Titanic. Besides this, she has been very active in the MeToo movement, where she often spoke about life. Kate mentioned the quote in the context of regrets and how we should be bold to take our chances and risk. It is because she believes that the whole point of our life is to live it the best we can.
Assuring that you choose well in your life is also Sarah Louise Delany’s perception. She nicely pointed out:
10. Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet. – Sarah Louise Delany
This educator and activist fought the majority of her life for the right to equality. She succeeded in becoming the first African-American teacher of domestic science. This experience fostered her inspirational quote where she emphasized how irrelevant all those painful moments are and that what matters is what we do to achieve our dreams and improve our life.
11. Life is short, and nobody knows what’s around the corner, but I’m up for lots of new challenges. – Ashley Roberts
12. Life is short, and there’s something to be said for being true to yourself. – Anohni
13. Life is short, and time just flies by, so I love those moments when we’re all sitting around the table together laughing and joking. – Ainsley Earhardt
The joy that John mentioned should also come with respect for every moment we experience. In this regard, Orhan Pamuk, the famous Turkish novelist and Nobel prize winner, wrote:
14. Life is short, and we should respect every moment of it. – Orhan Pamuk
In his work, Orhan Pamuk’s reflection on respect mostly comes from his perception of life as the only outstanding thing. Its limiting nature brings us closer to everything around us, even our enemies, because, in the end, we are all equal, and we cannot defeat life. And this is precisely why we should respect each moment we get to live.
15. Life is short, and you have to have fun with it, you know? – Fabio Lanzoni
16. Life is short, and, once somebody is gone, they’re gone. – Roscoe Mitchell
The importance of choosing the right thing in life and how we spend it was also the inspiration of Josh Billings.
17. Life is short, but it’s long enough to ruin any man who wants to be ruined. – Josh Billings
This American humorist, who used the pen name of Josh Billings, channeled his profession into sharing his wisdom and perception of things. He expressed on several occasions how life is invaluable. He perceived life as short, but if we turn the table, it could also be long enough to use it on the wrong things. Therefore we should take a step back and reconsider our purpose on this Earth.
18. Life is short, so I’m knowing exactly where I’m putting my time. I don’t want to do things that I don’t have to do. – Mira Nair
This Indian-American filmmaker spoke about ensuring that your time is focused on good. Mira wisely said we should do something worthy of our time and avoid wasting it on meaningless distractions.
Similarly, John Walters, a British presenter, and musician spoke about the importance of joy in life. On one occasion, he said:
19. Life is short, so enjoy it to the fullest. – John Walters
He understood that life as we know it is limited, and on numerous occasions, he emphasized that we need to enjoy the things we do. During his career, he spoke about the thrill that music brought him and how he felt that his life could only be worthy if spent doing meaningful stuff.
20. Life is short, so go for things you enjoy. – Darcey Bussell
21. Life is short, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t live it to the fullest expression of yourself. – Coy Bowles
22. Life is short, the art long. – Hippocrates
23. Life is short, tomorrow’s not promised, so to be there with my kids, do things with them, and go on family vacations – is more valuable than anything. – Jadakiss
24. Life is short, youth is finite, and opportunities are endless. Have you found the intersection of your passion and the potential for world-shaping positive impact? If you don’t have a great idea of your own, there are plenty of great teams that need you – unknown startups and established teams in giant companies alike. – Justin Rosenstein
25. Life is short. Do whatever you can to help people – not for status, but because the 95-year-old you will be proud if you did help people and disappointed if you didn’t. – Marshall Goldsmith
26. Life is short. Don’t do the same thing everyone else is doing – that’s such a herd mentality. And don’t do something that’s two percent better than the other person. Do something that changes the world. – Oren Etzioni
27. Life is short. I’m 47 years old. I’ve got 10 years to go where I can be the best I can be. I want those 10 years to be precious, not like before, cranking two or three movies a year. I’ve made a ton of movies in my life, but so what? – Jean-Claude Van Damme
28. Life is short. Ricky and I realize how lucky we were. We want to be together all the time. – Christie Brinkley
30. Life is short. You have to be able to laugh at your pain or we never move on. – Jeff Ross
31. Life is short. You’ve got to live your dreams. – Tiffany Darwish
As the quotes stated, life is short but worth living. This is only manageable if we enjoy each moment fully. Some wise words we shared state that this can only be done by focusing on good things and trusting the process that leads us to fulfill our dreams. Lastly, we should not forget to have fun every step of the way.
We hope that by reading these inspirational quotes about how life is short, you found the motivation to take a step back and think about life and how the only thing that matters is for you to be entirely happy. For more inspirational quotes about life, you can read our next post “80+ Best Quotes About Life“.