Life has been one inexhaustible resource of inspiration for centuries. Many great thinkers and writers have used their personal experiences to write some of the most important works of art. This is how they tried to show different understandings of life. Also, observing the success and failures of others in their surroundings inspired these writers to share some wisdom. In this way, they contribute to the motivation we often lack when it comes to making different choices in life. Quotes from these writings can have different tones and messages. Usually, they speak about the need for change and how beneficial these can be. Also, they often talk about how motivation can be crucial for success. In quotes, we can find the strength to work on our dreams or the courage to make decisions that improve our quality of life. Therefore our new blog is dedicated to quotes about life. We are sharing some sayings about motivation and changes that will inspire you to take a positive step forward and live a happy life.
Short Quotes About Life
1. All of us at some point in life regret things we did and did not do in life. – Shweta Basu Prasad
2. Be as transparent as you can in your trade. The big thing in life is trust. – T. S. Kalyanaraman
3. Being a good person and fair person is very important in life, I think. – Guler Sabanci
Speaking about bad habits, one valuable piece of advice comes from Madalsa Sharma. She said:
4. In life a lot of things happen, you have to just learn to ignore them. – Madalsa Sharma
Madalsa Sharma Chakraborty is an Indian film and television actress. This famous movie star elaborated on her struggles with the bad things occurring in life and how she coped with them. Mainly she speaks about how we need to understand that life brings a lot of things, some positive and some negative. Because of this, we should learn how not to be bothered by bad ones. Only like this we can go on and pursue our goals.
5. In life every effort is marked down at the end as a win or a loss. – Edward Bennett Williams
Taking a step forward and motivating ourselves to break patterns and enjoy adventures can be harder than we think. Especially because we encounter risks that these new things bring. But Stefano Gabbana, one of the most successful designers of our time gives some great advice:
6. In life you need to take a risk. – Stefano Gabbana
This fashion mogul encountered many obstacles in his professional and private life. He spoke from his experience and explained that very often things seemed impossible for him. This caused a lack of motivation, but yet he took a chance and worked hard. Speaking about this, Stefano wanted to help others understand that a lot of great things lay behind a risky move. Therefore we should be motivated since, in the end, we are just a step away from the happiness that is hiding behind fears.
7. In life, there is no such thing as impossible; it’s always possible. – Venus Williams
8. In life, you always have a second chance. – Patrice Evra
9. In life, you always have to keep fighting. It’s not easy. – J Balvin
10. In life, you always look at the total picture, not just a segment of it. – Chris Mullin
11. In life, you need some backbone. You need to stand for something. – Trish Regan
12. The important thing in life is not to triumph but to compete. – Pierre de Coubertin
13. The main thing in life is not to be afraid of being human. – Aaron Carter
14. The most difficult thing in life is to know yourself. – Thales
15. There are no regrets in life, just lessons. – Jennifer Aniston
16. There are so many great things in life; why dwell on negativity? – Zendaya
17. There is no normality in life. – Helena Bonham Carter
18. Unfortunately in life, justice is not always achieved. – Maura Tierney
19. We all have to make choices in life. – Laura Schlessinger
20. We all struggle in life at a certain point. – Kolo Toure
21. The worst thing in life is not to die but to live with bitterness. – Vitor Belfort
22. There is nothing more important in life than love. – Barbra Streisand
23. What is important in life is life, and not the result of life. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
24. Winners are people with a definite purpose in life. – Denis Waitley
25. You always need a bit of fortune in life. – Graham Potter
26. You don’t get many second chances in life. – Mike D’Antoni
27. You don’t get what you want in life. You get who you are! – Les Brown
28. You have to be ambitious in life. – Romelu Lukaku
29. You have to go through things in life in order to mature. – DeSean Jackson
30. You have to work really hard to be in the first place in life. – Kate Gosselin
31. You need some luck in life and I have been lucky with God’s help. – Masai Ujiri
32. You pay a price for everything in life. – Chris Evert
33. I believe that everything you work at and want in life is a great challenge. – Anthony Rizzo
34. You’re not free in life until you’re free of wanting other people’s approval. – Dawn Steel
35. You’ve gotta find a way to get out of your own way, so you can progress in life. – Steve Carlton
Quotes Of Motivation In Life
Once we learn to embrace change and take the best out of it, we can make our life better. This is often not very simple and therefore we need great motivation. Precisely this necessity for motivation that is rather difficult to maintain keeps us away from our dreams. Because of its importance and impact, many great thinkers discussed a lot about its role in decision-making. They have tried to capture wisdom in their writing and share some experiences and advice to motivate others.
36. A lot of times in life, it’s personal choices that you’re making, actively, and then there’s a myriad of forces and circumstances that are out of your control. And without even realizing it, you’re riding a wave of events that you have no control over. – Hasan Minhaj
37. Accepting your body and body image is very important because there are images that are put out in the media and in your face every day that you need to look this certain kind of way, that it’s gonna take you far in life. – Michelle Carter
Yet, simply taking risks is not enough. Great life also includes many other things that matter. David Cameron, a famous TV producer spoke about the dilemma of doing the right thing. This is something that often troubles us and disrupts our motivation.
38. I believe that in life, you have to give things your best shot, and do your best. You have to focus on what needs to be done and do the right thing, not the popular thing. – David Cameron
David dedicated himself to taking chances and working hard which sometimes is not the most popular thing. But being successful in his work convinced him that sometimes all you need is to believe in yourself and trust your instincts. This motivation combined with the dedication you put in is a formula for success according to Cameron.
39. Anything can happen in life, but you have to be a man and sometimes say certain things. – Samuel Eto’o
40. As a general rule, the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information. – Benjamin Disraeli
41. In life I’ve learned one thing; if you want to be good you have to connect with the best people. So I got very close to the high-stakes players here. I get to watch them and play with them a little bit. – Guy Laliberte
One of the greatest thinkers in European philosophy, Soren Kierkegaard elaborated his view on life. He wrote how our attitude is the key to success.
42. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
Soren wrote on many topics but a great part of his philosophical work deals with the issues of how we live. He has been very strict with the reasoning and its impact on life. Kierkegaard indicated that we should believe in reality and enjoy its gifts rather than see them as problems and obstacles. In this way, we will be motivated to pursue and accomplish many great things.
Helen Keller would agree with Kierkegaard in this sense. On one occasion she stated:
43. „Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all“. – Helen Keller
Helen was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She, similarly to Soren, written on different topics. Some of her most famous works are related to motivation and life. As she mentioned in the quote, Helen believed that being open to new things and exploring what life can offer is necessary to make it worthy. She perceived that our sole motivation should be to take the gifts life offers. Thus we will be motivated to enjoy the adventure we encounter on our journey. According to her, that is the only way we will be truly satisfied with ourselves.
44. In life, there is always that special person who shapes who you are, who helps to determine the person you become. – Molly Ringwald
45. In life, you have got to make the best of every situation; you have to keep going. – John Daly
46. In life, you can blame a lot of people and you can wallow in self-pity, or you can pick yourself up and say, ‘Listen, I have to be responsible for myself.’ – Howard Schultz
47. In life, you don’t get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate. So don’t be afraid to ask – the worst you can hear is ‘no.’ – Christine Tsai
48. In life, you don’t judge people on how they are at home, you judge them on how they are at work. – Nigel Barker
Instincts indeed are powerful motivators and often can be an indicator of great things. People usually underestimate their power. More importantly, instincts push us to do things that make us happy… Julie Harris shares this perception. On one occasion she mentioned a very wise word about making the right decisions and how to be motivated.
49. A lot of it, as it is in any job in life, is being in the right place at the right time. – Julie Harris
This American actress spoke from personal experience. Julie mentioned how she later in life learned that the right timing can change the whole course of her life. This is where she found the motivation that led her to listen to her instincts and achieve greatness.
50. A tough lesson in life that one has to learn is that not everybody wishes you well. – Dan Rather
51. In life we grow and step out of our comfort zone… but the more I do it the better. – Tyler Henry
52. In life, you have to learn how to heal. You never get over stuff, but you have to learn how to heal. – Tionne Watkins
53. In life, you have ups and downs, but you should never give up. You should always try to get ahead. – Yalitza Aparicio
54. In life, you should be allowed to express yourself. People are happier like this. – Hector Bellerin
55. In life, you’re going to have a lot of problems. Everybody’s got problems. Some are worse than others. Some are sick. Some, like me, you’ve got problems that you don’t like that come up. But you’ve got to handle them. – Tom Benson
56. One of the few things we can actually control in life is what we put in our bodies. I found that very empowering. – Sara Rue
57. One thing that you find out later in life is that you have a lot more power than you think you do. – Diana Taylor
58. Only the disciplined ones in life are free. If you are undisciplined, you are a slave to your moods and your passions. – Eliud Kipchoge
59. Sometimes in life, you have to make a selfish decision and do what’s best for you. – Saquon Barkley
Deep Quotes About Life
60. That’s something I always say is good to do in life, is to leave our mark in this lifetime. – Booker T
61. The stuff that matters in life is no longer stuff. It’s other people. It’s relationships. It’s an experience. – Brian Chesky
62. Try to remember that every action you take in life will have a consequence and a reaction for other people and that it’s the same on social. – Katie Piper
63. Vulnerability is important in life, I feel. That’s what allows you to experience intense emotions, whether it’s joy or pain, or sadness. – Kalki Koechlin
64. To succeed in life in today’s world, you must have the will and tenacity to finish the job. – Chin-Ning Chu
65. That’s the principle I teach – find your passion in life and figure out a way to make money. – Paula White
66. What I realized is that no matter what you do, you’re not alone in life. Every accomplishment is worth a salt, there is someone else there who played a role and took it apart. – Johny Hendricks
67. When I was young, I had a very clear point of view on things in life, and on moral questions. There was a black-and-white viewpoint on my world. As I’ve gotten older, I see the grey areas appear. – Joel Edgerton
68. When you view your world with an attitude of gratitude, you are training yourself to focus on the good in life. – Paul J. Meyer
69. You should never have regrets in life. All the steps that I have taken in my career have served something, and I have learned from them. – Alvaro Morata
70. You’re never going to get anywhere in life if you don’t live up to your obligations. – Robert Mapplethorpe
71. What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Quotes Of Changes in Life
Making changes in life is not easy and this requires a strong will. This is because all human beings in their nature have a tendency towards routine and predictability. But true happiness and satisfaction in life lie in the change. Or at least that is what people who dared to completely switch their routines and discover new things say.
Another great saying about life comes from Jenny Craig. She is an American weight loss guru and founder of the weight loss program. She shared the inspiring stories of her clients and how for them each step toward change is immensely important. She said:
72. A change in bad habits leads to a change in life. – Jenny Craig
Therefore according to Jenny, transformative changes are essential for a great life. In this way, we are bringing new positive things that will be our new routine. At the same time, we are leaving our comfort zone and bad habits behind us.
73. What I love best in life is new starts. – Karl Lagerfeld
74. Very early, I knew that the only object in life was to grow. – Margaret Fuller
75. We all have made mistakes in life, but we need to leave that behind and move on. – Upasana Singh
76. What I’ve come to know is that in life, it’s not always the questions we ask, but rather our ability to hear the answers that truly enriches our understanding. Never, never stop learning. – Lester Holt
One of the most influential women of her time, Eleanor Roosevelt spoke about predictability and routine:
77. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor was the former first lady of the United States of America and a humanitarian. In this quote, she tried to capture the essence of joy that change brings. Also, the reference to flavor in it indicates how valuable new experiences are and how we grow by living through something unknown.
78. We have taught our children that meanness gets you nowhere in life. – Sophie Gregoire Trudeau
79. Take advantage of the opportunities that come before you in life. – Ayelet Shaked
80. The hardest thing in life to do is to change. – Mickey Rourke
81. Whenever I do something in life, I take it as far as I can take it. A lot of people think the easy road is to avoid adversity. But trust me, when you’re an old man, you’re not going to remember why you didn’t do those things. – Frank Mir
In line with this great wisdom is the John Lennon quote:
82. „Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans“. – John Lennon
Famous singers and songwriters often shared their perception of the importance of happiness and joy in life. Because of his lifestyle, he believed that everyone should be spontaneous. This means to grab any chance it comes on way in order to make your life worth living.
83. You need a balance in life. You just cannot be on all the time on an adrenalin peak. You need to recharge. – Joanne Liu
84. You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action. – Tony Robbins
Making decisions that bring us happiness and joy is what consists of a life worth living. It requires hard work, and motivation but also exiting our comfort zone to discover a new thing.
Seneca’s quote on the importance of the things we do in a lifetime captures all previous messages:
85. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” – Seneca
Seneca was a well-respected philosopher of Ancient Rome. In his famous speeches, he often said that precisely what we do matters and not how long we get to do it. And this is the truth that lives up to modern days. His main point is to understand that life is short and it is worth as much as the happiness we experience. Therefore all the risks we take, the adventures we pursue, and the hard work we are willing to put into things should be done with this goal. And this should be the main motivation that leads us.
This is the only way how we truly enjoy life. Therefore embrace change and discover motivation within yourself. Use the experience of others and live every day as a new amazing adventure. For more quotes about life check our other blog posts: